At KLR, we have made it our business to understand the unique financial needs of the not-for-profit organization.
KLR provides consulting, tax and audit services to over 220 not-for-profit organizations throughout New England. Our highly trained team and senior management involvement ensures that the audit and tax process is efficient so the nonprofit organization can maximize their resources and focus on achieving their mission.
KLR provides advisory and compliance services to a variety of nonprofit entities, including trade assosications, foundations as well as organizations involved with health care, health and human services, religion, education and cultural arts.
KLR is one of only a few CPA firms in the area that is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Government Audit Quality Center. The Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), with the encouragement of Congress, promotes the importance of quality governmental audits and the value of such audits to purchasers of governmental audit services. Federal resource providers are pleased that over 85% of federally funded programs are audited by CPA firms who are members of the GAQC.
Our Not-For-Profit clients include:
- Professional and trade associations
- Charitable organizations
- Educational institutions
- Religious organizations
- Membership organizations
- Human Service organizations
Our strengths include:
- We have a wealth of experience gained from serving over 220 not-for-profit organizations with consulting and compliance services
- KLR has a dedicated team of professionals servicing just not-for-profit clients
- Deep industry experience
- We are always accessible throughout the year for technical, business and strategic questions
- Nationally recognized speakers who speak on a variety of topics, including the form 990 filing requirements and Board Governance
- Extensive experience with the complex issues surrounding OMB Circular A-133 audits
We assist nonprofits with:
- Compliance reporting requirements
- Endowment accounting and reporting
- Organization development
- Long-range planning and managing growth
- Development of financial operating structure
- Combining nonprofit entities
- Government and A133 reporting requirements
- Board Development
- Selecting and implementing hardware, software and networks
- Special reports to governemental, tax, grantor or other agencies
- Assisting with temporary/permanent staffing needs
- Employee benefit plan reports