Paul Oliveira, CPA/MST
Shareholder, Director of Strategic Tax Services
Client Service . . .
What client service means to me is being that trusted advisor that not only takes care of the basic requirements of any engagement, but serves as a sounding board for the client throughout the year. It means understanding your client well enough to identify solutions to problems that may be unique to their situation. It means over-delivering whenever possible.
- Experience & Education
- Over 30 years of corporate tax and advisory services experience
- Co-Chair of the Private Equity and Venture Capital Services Group
- Tax consultation specialist specifically related to mergers and acquisitions, compensation and benefits, state and local tax planning and IRS audit assistance
- Expertise in international structuring and operations, joint ventures and acquisitions, global transfer pricing strategies, US export incentives such as IC-DISC, US foreign tax credit, Subpart F and repatriation planning.
- Works closely with clients in a wide range of industries including technology, life sciences, e-commerce and traditional manufacturing and distribution companies.
- Extensive experience with private and venture capital firms, assisting with fund-level US, state and local, and international compliance, tax services for related management companies, M&A assistance (including due diligence and deal structuring), and comprehensive business tax planning and compliance for portfolio companies.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, cum laude, Bryant University
- Master of Science in Taxation, suma cum laude, Bryant University
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), member
- State Tax Committee of Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants (RISCPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Lifespan Audit Committee, member
- Media Industry Tax Group, past member
- Tax Executives Institute, past member
- Umass Dartmouth, Finance and Accounting Department, past advisory committee
- Northeastern University Graduate Tax Program, former adjunct professor
- Leadership Rhode Island