10 Reasons Why You Should Consider a Regional Accounting Firm
posted Dec 1, 2011 by John E. Surrette, Jr., CPA, CFE in the Business Blog
As we meet with prospects in the Private Equity/Venture Capital world, many times the conversation turns to what makes dealing with a regional firm different than a national or international firm. With that in mind, I’ve developed a list of reasons why there should be no choice (in no particular order).
- Low turnover rate - our employee turnover rate is lower than industry averages, meaning that the engagement team that works on your account this year will handle your work next year, and the year after that, and ….
- No re-training of our staff - since our turnover rate is lower, you’ll spend less time training our staff and more time dealing with the needs of your company.
- More competitive fees - lower firm overhead = lower fees.
- Our clients are your targets - since we deal with middle market clients, our client base is most likely your target market, and may even include some of your portfolio companies. This offers the opportunity for proprietary deal flow.
- Worldwide reach - many regional firms are part of national and international networks, which gives you the same access to services in markets outside of the country that larger firms offer.
- Local decision-making - complex issues and technical questions can get resolved much quicker since the ultimate decision is made locally, not by a central office somewhere else in the country.
- Client service is our priority - we pride ourselves in client service – not just talking about it, but delivering it.
- Understanding your business – we deal with pre-revenue start-ups to multi-billion dollar enterprises. We have the resources to deliver solutions to all of your challenges.
- Our people - we know that our people are our most valuable assets – once they are introduced to your account, they will become yours, too!
- Growth - our firm doesn’t grow if yours doesn’t. We are prepared to grow with your business, so we can meet your needs now and in the future.
Hopefully this gives you some insight as to what it’s like to use a regional accounting firm. Please contact me directly at JSurrette@KahnLitwin.com or call 888-KLR-8557 to learn more about how we can help.