Co-op - Spring 2020
- Providence / Waltham / Boston, MA
- Spring 2020 (January-May)
Locations: Boston, MA, Waltham, MA and Providence, RI
Semester: Spring 2020
Job Industry: Public Accounting
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Duration: 4-6 months
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking students to join our 2020 Co-op class.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms int he United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
We seek commitment from intelligent, hardworking students who want to learn and gain real world experiences (and have a little fun along the way). In exchange, we commit to providing you with the specialized training and mentoring that will contribute to your success in your public accounting career.
All co-ops receive one week of comprehensive orientation training when they begin, including:
- Technical and soft skills training taught by certified KLR trainers
- Tax simulations - co-ops prepare a “mock” tax return alongside their trainer
- “Partner Perspectives” - co-ops meet partners, learn about their backgrounds and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Prepare complex individual, Trust, and other entity tax returns
- Prepare open items lists for discussion with management
- Utilize tax preparation, financial statement, workflow and other software products in a paperless environment
- Assist the tax department with special projects, as they arise
- Assist professional staff members with gathering information for tax returns
- Assist with research tax issues
- Actively participate in the tax group's ongoing learning and development
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Must be enrolled in a bachelor degree program majoring in accounting or related field
- Possess some knowledge of accounting theory and principals with practical application
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe, including the ability to work in and learn various software applications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Highest level of confidentiality
- Strong work ethic and ability to operate in a fast-paced seasonal environment