- Boston, MA / Waltham, MA
Location: Boston or Waltham, MA
Required Years of Experience: 3+ years
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Job Industry: Public Accounting
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a Tax Supervisor to join our team in our Boston or Waltham office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As a key member of our Tax team, the Supervisor will utilize his/her technical skills and educational background and apply expertise on a variety of engagements with clients of the Firm. This critical role in our growing Tax practice includes managing client relationships as well as performing technical tax work. Our department is dedicated to assisting individuals, partnerships, and corporations with tax compliance and planning. He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage engagement deliverables (such as tax returns, work papers, etc.)
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Act as a resource for tax staff and colleagues
- Analyze IRS notices and draft responses
- Prepare complex tax returns including partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understand clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Own client relationships and work
- Strategize with Managing Directors regarding tax planning
- Research tax issues and providing guidance to clients
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Taxation or related field preferred
- 3+ years of technical tax experience in public accounting or related field
- CPA or CPA track required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
There will be increased hours during our peak season: January through April and August through October which will include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We offer tuition assistance, in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement.. Learn more about our benefits.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.