- Providence / Waltham / Boston, MA
Location: Providence or Newport
Required Years of Experience: 6+
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Industry: Public Accounting
KLR is one of the fastest growing accounting firms in New England. We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our team in our Providence or Newport office.
KLR is ranked as one of the top one hundred accounting and business consulting firms in the United States. KLR operates four (4) offices in MA and RI and has more than 250 professionals.
As a Manager on our Tax Team, you will utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you work on clients of the Firm. This important role in our growing Tax practice includes client relationships, technical tax work, and managing staff. Our department is dedicated to assisting individuals, partnerships, and corporations with tax compliance and planning.
Candidates applying for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understanding your clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Partners regarding tax planning
- Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- BS Degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Taxation or related field preferred
- 6+ years of technical tax experience in public accounting, or related field, 3 in managerial role
- CPA, Enrolled Agent (EA), or equivalent certification is a must
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
We are looking for a candidate to work full time. Normal hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with increased hours during our peak season: January through April and August through October. These periods require increasing normal weekly hours, which include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We utilize the latest technology and in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement as well as tuition assistance and free parking. Learn more about our benefits.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 11th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!
KLR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.