Internships at KLR
The Right Choice for Your Career
KLR offers one of the most rewarding accounting internship programs anywhere. Our interns work on a variety of audit and tax projects in various industries - no coffee runs or taking lunch orders here! We make sure you work hand-in-hand with professionals so you can see firsthand what life is like at KLR.
Intern Program at a Glance:
- Contact/Advisor: Meredith Nunes, Human Resources
- Dress Code: Business Professional/Business Casual
- Compensation: $15 per hour (subject to future market adjustment)
- Semester: Fall 2019 (September), with the opportunity to continue into the Spring
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Hours: Minimum of 12-16 hours per week (preferably one 8-hour day open for fieldwork)
What You Can Expect
All interns receive one week of comprehensve orientation training when they begin, including:
- Technical and soft skills training taught by certifed KLR trainers
- Audit and tax simulations - interns prepare a "mock" audit and "mock" tax return alongside the trainer
- "Partner Perspectives" - interns meet partners, learn about their backgrounds and have the opportunity to ask questions.
After your training is complete you will work on assisting professional staff members with gathering information for financial reports and tax returns, familiarizing yourself with the firm’s software, developing an understanding of public accounting and our firm, participating in monthly firm staff and department meetings, being a team player and more!
What We Offer
In 2017, 100% of our interns reported that they received excellent value from their KLR internship, and that it exceeded their expectations. And, most of our 2017 interns who were offered full-time positions after graduation have accepted!
- Options: Our growth is coming from many different sectors and results in many options for our team to gain rewarding experiences in a variety of industries and client settings.
- Balance: Support is provided through innovation, trust and respect for people’s time. Our unique culture provides an environment in which our people are allowed to perform and grow personally as well as professionally.
- Advancement: At KLR, there is no shortage of opportunities to demonstrate your talent. Those who take initiative and are accountable will find there are no limits.
- Rewarding Career Opportunities: Our size and growth allow our people to continue learning, experience role changes and new responsibilities, develop important relationships, and get valuable insight through formal and informal feedback.
Our firm is comprised of 250+ team members serving a diverse client base from our offices in Boston, Newport, Providence & Waltham. KLR serves public and privately held clients throughout the United States. KLR is a great place to work and we have the people and awards to prove it! Our people, culture, benefits and growth opportunities, coupled with being located in some amazing cities in New England, make us a great firm to begin and grow your career.
We promote a high-performing culture where collaboration, work/life balance and creativity allow our team to be the very best at what they do. We are a place where people enjoy the team they work with and have a passion for what they do. Our culture is demonstrated by some of the awards we are proud to have won.
99 Summer Street, Suite 520
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Phone: 617-236-8098│ Fax: 617-236-4466
951 North Main Street
Providence, Rhode Island 02904
Phone: 401-274-2001│ Fax: 401-831-4018
97 John Clarke Road
Middletown, Rhode Island 02842
Phone: 401-846-4400│ Fax: 401-849-7360
800 South Street, Suite 300
Waltham, Massachusetts 02453
Phone: 781-547-8800│ Fax: 781-547-8801
Get Your Career Started at KLR
To learn more about how a KLR internship can help you achieve your goals or to submit your resume, please contact our Human Resources Team.