KLR provides tax planning and compliance services to U.S. executives on assignment overseas and their U.S. employers, as well as to foreign executives on assignment in the U.S. , including:
- Tax Planning in Structuring a Cost Effective Assignment
- Advanced Calculations of the Potential Costs of Assignments, per Local Tax and Social Security regulations
- U.S. Tax Return Preparation (and U.S. states if necessary)
- Tax Equalization and Hypothetical Withholding Tax Calculations and Consulting
- Coordination of Foreign Tax Return Preparation
- Extensions and Estimated Federal Tax Payment Calculations
- Consulting on compensation, payroll process, relocation and tax equalization policies
- Planning for compensating expatriates in a tax-efficient manner
- Tax cost projections
In many instances, internationally mobile employees enter into either a tax equalization arrangement or a tax protection arrangement with their employer when they are seconded, transferred or assigned to work in another jurisdiction. Tax equalization policies allow large expatriate employers to standardize and streamline administrative processes.
Whether you are a Foreign National or US Expatriate, KLR can prepare, consult on or explain to you your compensation package, including how it pertains to your specific tax equalization or protection arrangements. KLR works with clients to ensure:
- Hidden tax savings are recognized
- Income is reported properly, gross up calculations
- Programs are properly implemented
- Tax equalization policies are created
Ready to Talk?
to get the conversation started.