The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) represents the biggest change to our tax code in more than 30 years. That being said, tax reform of this magnitude will have far-reaching implications - on both businesses and individuals. From lowering the corporate and individual income tax rates to new rules for pass-through corporation, to the elimination of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) for corporations, the sweeping legislation will significantly change the way you and your business operate. Here is our comprehensive summary of what will change and how you can best prepare.
Tax Reform Resources for Businesses
- How the New Tax Law Affects Auto Trade-ins
- New Tax Law Reduces Recovery Periods for Certain Real Property
- How are Pass-through Entities Affected by the TCJA?
- TCJA Introduces New Limit on Business Interest Deductions
- Tax Reform FAQs: Should I Convert from an LLC to a C Corp?
- How will the TCJA Impact Cross Border Mobility?
- New College Endowment Tax under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- TCJA: Opportunity Zones: Invest in your Community while Saving Tax
- What is the Universal Charitable Deduction and How could it be Impacted by the TCJA
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Expands Tax Breaks for Business Vehicles
- M&E Expenses under the TCJA
- Tax Reform FAQ's: Business Interest Expense Deduction
- New Tax Law Frees Up Cash to Invest in Your Workforce
- CFO's Face Tough Decisions under TCJA Expanded Depreciation Rules
- Tax Reform FAQ's: Are Business Related Entertainment Expenses Still Deductible?
Tax Reform Resources for Individuals
- Can I Still Deduct Interest on Home Equity Loans under the TCJA?
- Kiddie Tax Rules Change Under the TCJA
- Beware of Upcoming TCJA Changes to the Alimony Rules
- 3 Changes to Section 529 Plan Rules Under the New Tax Law
- Last Chance to Recharacterize Roth IRA Conversions
- Did the TCJA Impact the Child Tax Credit?
- Did the TCJA Impact Donor Advised Funds?
- Tax Reform Update: How does the TCJA Impact Individuals?
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Estate Planning Strategies
- How does the TCJA Impact Airbnb and Other Short Term Rental Hosts?
- IRS Cracks Down on SALT Deduction 'Workarounds'
- Buying/Selling a Home? Keep these Tax Tips in Mind
- The Mortgage Interest Deduction After the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Under the TCJA, Plaintiffs Face a Higher Tax on Lawsuit Settlements
- Tax Reform FAQ's: Is Home Mortgage Interest Still Deductible?
- How Does Tax Reform Impact Estate Planning?
- Tax Reform FAQ's: Are Personal Exemptions and Standard Deductions Still Allowed?
- How will the TCJA Impact Real Estate Owners?
- Tax Reform FAQ's: Is the AMT Repealed?
- Four Tax Law Changes that could Affect You
- Tax Reform and its Impact on Itemized Deductions
Tax Reform & Industry Implications
- Tech Firms: Consider New Tax Law Before Persuing Strategic Investments
- Tech Companies: Let's Review Your Compensation Plan Under New Tax Law
- Private Equity: Does the Extended Carried-Interest Holding Period Apply to S Corps?
- The Impact of Tax Reform on Private Equity
- The Impact of Tax Reform on the Manufacturing Industry
- Tax and Healthcare Reform Continue in 2018
October 23rd 2018 - Tax Reform Update for Businesses and Individuals - Register Now!
Description: Although the TCJA was released in December 2017, much of the legislation was left unclarified. With the year quickly coming to a close more guidance has been released on exactly how this sweeping legislation could impact you and your business.
January 10th 2018 - The Impact of Tax Reform on Businesses and Individuals
Description: Our tax specialists have been on top of this sweeping legislation since it was first released in December 2017. Shareholders Laura Yalanis, CPA and Norman LeBlanc, CPA delivered a comprehensive summary of the TCJA changes in this webinar. To listen to a recording of the webinar, click here.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to receive our bi-weekly e-newsletter for the latest updates on business, financial and tax developments.